Saturday, May 2, 2015

Swap N Hop 2015

 I was paired w/ Marti Conrad, an artist who works in clay. I was familiar w/ Marti because I was given some of her exquisite work in a button swap years ago.She sent some really beautiful beads w/ a rich chocolate glaze.
                                          here is a close up of the texture on the beads
 So, I had this weird work situation where I basically moved in @ the end of Feb. , & was there until 2 weeks ago, ( yes + nights, yes, I know). This was not so conducive to creating.
  For the last few days I have been laying out beads, adding the orange corals, the blue silk & the orange recycled glass. I've been really happy w/ the layouts & I started to string them up this morning.
                                                                     No.
 These above, barely 6 inches as is. The cording turned out to be too thick doubled to go through & that means no knots for the extra length.I can drill the coral, but not before the reveal tonight.Below are the earrings I made. Everything about them worked out as planned, & I think I'm going to wear these a lot.


I pulled in some blue to compliment all the orange I've used so far w/  sari silk.I can't stop thinking about drilling holes in the discs & sewing an X on them w/ the orange cording . Another drilling job & I haven't unpacked the Dremel yet, so...   I have to apologise that I didn't get things finished in time( but if this group understands anything, it's that life happens when you have a reveal planned!) I should be able to work on them again Sunday night , so maybe check back Monday? Thanks

12 comments:

  1. Those beads are very beautiful in both color and texture. I do like the blue you are going to use to pull them both together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just say chocolate in your blog post? I have some sugar free chocolate in my home made mocha coffee this early afternoon in Las Vegas. I'm very interested to see what becomes of your final pieces. Good luck in finishing the reorganization of your studio. I'm on the way to doing mine over the next couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely lot of beads there, look forward to seeing all the goodies finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the color combos you have going Jayne! I would wear those earring often myself. Looking forward to seeing the rest when you get them done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you do with the blue and orange! such an odd color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful earrings and you are going in the right direction with the orange and blue, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful earrings and you are going in the right direction with the orange and blue, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the earrings! you've got some other great designs in the works...love the color combinations you're working with. I enjoy progress pictures as much as final reveals...it's always fun to see the inner workings of someone else's creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will check back, everything looks promising :) Love the earrings and the colors you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post! It is really interesting and wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
    vehicle tracking system in india

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading & thank you even more for your comments!