Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jewelry Class 2nd Meeting

Last night I had big plans of finishing a ring. I straightened & filed the band. Then I attempted to re solder the bezel. I had soldered it @ the end of the last class, but there were a few places I missed. I fluxed, cut the solder, placed the tiny little pieces of solder & lit the torch. As some areas of solder melted & flowed just like they were supposed to, others weren't so cooperative.  As I watched the BEZEL melt, the *%^#&())(&^(*^%&%$*)(&^&(*^% * solder didn't. Craziness I tell you! So what I got done after that was removing the bezel & getting most of the rough areas left behind filed down. I'll be ready to try again next week, & hopefully have a picture to show you :)

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing some pictures! The whole soldering process sounds quite tricky! That's why I love Stephanie Lee's method...embracing the imperfect and showing off all of that solder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that. That bezel, she sure loves to melt, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading & thank you even more for your comments!