Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wrapped, Stacked & Layered Hop

Here are 14 bracelets I put together for this challenge. I usually wear a stack of bracelets,(minimum of three)daily so this was right up my alley! From left to right; chunky glass faceted beads [made for this challenge],red leather wrap bracelet[Wal Mart],3 bangles[made these about 15 years ago, the one w/ the Buddha face bead is a recent repair],B&W leather friendship bracelet[dollar jewelry store], red bamboo coral[made 4 years ago], cherry charm bracelet[Tiffany Gutierrez], lava beads,[made 4 years ago] silver chain[gift, thnx Mom],red trade beads on elastic[gift,mom again] leather cord/double wrap bracelet[made for me by  my oldest niece],stone skulls on elastic[made this a couple of years ago],silver skulls[re purposed from broken wallet chain]. The 8 from the right & the red leather wrap bracelet are in heavy rotation,often worn a couple of times a week.

This is a 'gimme' an extra. When I signed up for this challenge I thought about making a whole new stack,but then I reconsidered when I thought about my tried & true workhorses. It hardly seemed fair to leave them out! So this bracelet is a compromise, yes I said bracelet, as in 1.The last time I beaded w/ my best friend T she talked about "one day taking a whole coil of memory wire I had & beading the whole thing". This wasn't a new, whole coil, but in honor of T I picked up a coil & started stringing. In a strange twist of fate, I ended up w/ 14 different 'bracelets'. I think she would have loved this( it is a BEAST, heavy like you would not believe!) & probably made off w/ it for her own, ; )
Here is your hop list

















38 comments:

  1. I want them all! These are my all time fav color combos. Beautiful stack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo of both ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!! Great job, and I love the RED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red, Black & Silver. Great classic colors - Boot-C! That must be one heavy stack of bracelets. Super stacked! : ) I am glad you combined bracelets you had from over the years. Thanks for playing along!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun! I love how they all work together with what you have or the special gifts. Love the colors too! Red is a favorite of mine with black. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome...the look of 14 bracelets on 1 single spool. Looks great! I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, red and black always smashing together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red, black, and silver are look so good together and I love variety of textures in this incredible stack.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stacks! That bamboo coral really steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red and silver and black!!! Really pops and such a fun look and you can mix and match at will!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, 14 bracelets?! They're all lovely on their own, but together they are a beautiful accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stacked babe! Thanks for stopping by. ... I use brown fir tire polish on my stacks.. Briwax cause it's what I have at home,.really grunges things up


    ccynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to wear this stack on my wrist! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty stack..and the silver in there really adds some *Bling* :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the textures, colors, and the mixture with metals. Nice stack!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the mix of materials. My favs are the red leather budda bracelet and the skulls. I'll have to add some skulls and a Budda to my collection.

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've totally thought of beading a whole spool of memory wire. I love the red and black combo. That's all I wore in high school :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the red and black together. All those different styles and textures work so well. Your memory wire bracelet is to die for. I love it also!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could wear stacked up bracelets but I haven't the knack -- you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats one impressive stack! Love red and black.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Boot~C! Love the color combo and the fun beads!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great colour combo! And I'm not sure which one I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your stack! Those pops of red are spectacular! And, I love how you know when you made your bracelets. My memory is way past that poin I believe! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great color combination. Love it. Any combination of them will look fantastic. Love your work. Miri

    ReplyDelete
  25. Colors and beads are great! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What fun. Love that 1 bracelet that is 14 in 1. Great idea. Love the vibrancy of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those big chunky red beads - They always play well with black and silver - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of your stacks are fabulous! I like your first one with your standards and fun bits. And, your single memory wire bracelet is so funny. Not in the way it looks, but in the concept. I could imagine that is is heavy and kinda hard to wrangle on too, but what a fun concept! Thanks for the smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the different textures there! And red and black...can never go wrong with that combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now I want to try memory wire. Never used it before. I like your stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great stack of bracelets. The colors and textures are great together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What fun stacks! That first one is gorgeous and lush. And the second? memory wire so long? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  33. AMAZING!
    Great colors and mix of baubles.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Rocked the look! Red, black, silver.. Yah i can see why u went with the "workhorses" glad I gotta glimpse into ur look & design style! TY!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great mix of bracelets to make a fantastic stack!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that you kept your color palette to mostly red and black. Also, I adore the skull bracelets and almost included a Tibetan one in my stack :) xoxo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  37. Did you know that you can earn money by locking premium pages of your blog or site?
    Simply open an account with AdWorkMedia and run their Content Locking widget.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading & thank you even more for your comments!