Wednesday, September 16, 2009

metalsmithing

I started my metalsmithing class last night. We started w/ a basic ring, I used my flat wire because I want to do something a little more special w/ the 1/2 round wire. Soldering w/ the torch was fun, I managed it fairly easily. The teacher seems pretty cool, he said it wouldn't be a problem bringing in books & going off on my own tangents in class, even said he liked it when students explored what they wanted to do.Being enrolled in the class also qualifies me for studio time, so I can go in & work anytime there isn't a class. We have a mill in the studio, so I really want to try my hand w/ that. I was even able to work on a ring I wear daily that wasn't so round any more, I tapped it back into shape, a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading & thank you even more for your comments!